Given the amount I read, there would be absolutely no way too I could afford to buy all my books new so I browse charity shops and car boot sales for anything that looks interesting or the odd book from a favoured author that I might still be missing. I do like to have complete sets of the authors I like to re-read.
I went to 2 car boot sales today along with my friend Tracey who was staying for the weekend and usually I might come away with two or three books, today I came away with twelve! It was a good book day indeed! I didn’t pay any more than 50p for each book and a few of them were 20p or 30p.
- Love Bug – Zoe Barnes
- The Hard Way – Lee Child
- Working Wonders – Jenny Colgan
- Highland Fling – Katie Fforde
- Artistic Licence – Katie Fforde
- Pig Island – Mo Hayder
- Ralph’s Party – Lisa Jewell
- Watermelon – Marian Keyes
- Serve Cool – Lauren McCrossan
- Nadia Knows Best – Jill Mansell
- Double Wedding – Patricia Scanlan
- Francesca’s Party – Patricia Scanlan
I find that chick lit and crime thrillers are the easiest to get at car boot sales and charity shops and it’s the fantasy / sci-fi I tend to have to buy new.
Anyway, I am happy and have a nice pile to get through now!